Policies and Procedures
- The Cook Inlet Aquaculture Association, a 501c(3) non-profit corporation, recognizes that salmon rehabilitation and enhancement affects many diverse interest groups throughout the Cook Inlet drainage and acknowledges the valuable and important contribution these interest groups make by serving on the Association’s volunteer Board of Directors. The Association welcomes active participation in the Board process and encourages Board members to personally attend CIAA Board meetings. In the unusual event a Board member cannot personally attend a Board meeting; the Board member may participate telephonically under the following guidelines.
- Board members wishing to participate in a Board meeting telephonically must notify CIAA staff at least 24 hours prior to the meeting to allow CIAA to set up the system.
- Board members that reside within 100 road miles of the Corporate office may participate telephonically in no more than one Board meeting per calendar year.
- Board members that reside more than 100 road miles from the Corporate office or in a location off the road system may participate telephonically in no more than three Board meetings per calendar year.
- CIAA will not reimburse a Board member for any expense incurred to participate telephonically in a Board meeting when not set up by CIAA.
- Board Committees may allow members to participate telephonically. Conditions of participation will be set by the Board Committee.
- CIAA may, at the discretion of the Executive Director, make CIAA’s teleconferencing equipment available to other natural resource groups using CIAA’s meeting room. CIAA will not incur any expense from the use of the teleconferencing equipment by other natural resource groups.