Policies and Procedures
Board Meeting Schedule and Agenda Items
There are six meetings under this schedule.
- Review the past field season and provide background information
- Determine if there is to be an election of new Board members and set Annual Meeting date (This is only necessary if there is to be an election of new at-large Board members. Two of five at-large directors every three years beginning in 2001; three of five at-large directors every three years beginning in 2002 and no election every three years beginning in 2003.)
- No meeting
- Conduct normal/routine CIAA business such as an annual review of our insurance coverage.
- No meeting
- Conduct normal/routine CIAA business such as review and amend personnel policy.
- Set Annual Meeting date; if there is no election.
- Identify issues for Annual Meeting and the next year’s budget/work plan.
February (Annual Meeting)
- Seat newly elected at-large director(s) and alternate(s).
- Add name(s) of deceased director(s) and alternate(s) to the Memorial Wall who have passed away since the last Annual Meeting. (We usually notify family and invite them to attend the meeting and ask one or more directors to speak on behalf of the deceased person(s).)
Election of Officers and Committee members
- Vote on any amendments to the by-laws
- Review and adjust the Strategic Plan.
- Possibly have a guest speaker on a relevant fisheries issue.
- Request/update contact information from all directors and alternates
- Conduct normal/routine CIAA business.
- Present and discuss a draft budget/work plan for the following year.
- No meeting
- Complete any unfinished CIAA business.
- Approve budget/work plan for next fiscal year.
June, July and August
- No meetings due to the fishing and field season.
This is only necessary if there is to be an election of new at-large Board members. Two of five at-large directors every three years beginning in the winter of 2001/2002; three of five at-large directors every three years beginning in the winter of 2002/2003 and no election every three years beginning in the winter of 2003/2004.
- Review At-Large Director’s to determine seats up for election
- Order supplies from printer
- Order Post Office Permit
- Order Bar Code
- Order fishermen permit list from CFEC
- Update CFEC permit list on computer
- Set deadline date for postmarking petitions (early-December)
- Set deadline date for hand delivering petitions (early-December by 5:00 PM)
- Set deadline date for postmarking ballots (late-January)
- Set deadline date for hand delivering ballots (late January by 5:00 PM)
- Set deadline date for Annual Meeting
- Board approves Annual Meeting date and election schedule
- Prepare nominating petitions for mailing
- Mail nominating petitions to permit holders
- Deadline to receive nominating petitions by mail (postmark) to be . counted
- Deadline to receive hand delivered nominating petitions to be counted
- Validate nominating petitions
- Prepare SMOLTS article about each candidate for January publication
- Prepare ballots
- Mail election ballots to all permit holders
- Mail SMOLTS
- Deadline to receive ballots by mail (postmark) to be counted
- Deadline to receive hand delivered ballots to be counted
- Validate and count ballots
- Notify candidates of election results
- Seat elected directors at the Annual Meeting